eliana's secret

I just recently finished the doctors 2016 starred by Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won, I knew I’m too late for this but this drama really show...

PBA!


I just recently finished the doctors 2016 starred by Park Shin Hye and Kim Rae Won, I knew I’m too late for this but this drama really showed me a different side of surgeon unlike the doctor stranger. I am right now so admire of surgeons. Through this drama I learnt quite a lot about neurosurgeon and neurology.

It really surprised me when I see them handling emergency patients, where they actually can conclude the condition of the patient within minutes, even about pupil dilated details.

One of the patients that I hold deep impression is a kid around 8 to 9 years old. He always smile no matter what happened, his brother fell, he laughed. Isn’t it weird? Yes, it is.

It is a PBA or which they called Pseudobulbar Affect. I had done research this because I was so curious of it. This PBA usually occurs in neurological conditions of injured such as;

  1. Stroke

  2. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)

  3. Multiple sclerosis (MS)

  4. Traumatic brain injury

  5. Alzheimer's disease

  6. Parkinson's disease

It is also believed that it is the result from damage to the prefrontal cortex which is brain area that controls emotion. You may take a look around you for these PBA symptoms;
  1. Sudden, extra intense fits of crying or laughter that you can't control

  2. Crying or laughter that doesn't seem right for the situation

  3. Episodes that last longer than you expect

  4. Outbursts of frustration and anger

  5. Facial expressions that don't match emotions
If there are some people around you had one of these symptoms, you may try to consult to doctor to prevent it getting worse.

Kindly share this, let everyone aware of this.

Credits: http://www.webmd.com/brain/pseudobulbar-affect#1

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pseudobulbar-affect/symptoms-causes/dxc-20198593

Don’t forget to like and follow my fanpage!

https://www.facebook.com/Ileustimih-1806934529620755

0 comments: