eliana's secret

I have been studying in I-Shou for almost 3 months, and I am still not used to the stairs I need to take every time when I need to go to th...

WHICH IS MORE TIRING? STAIRS OR SLOPE?

I have been studying in I-Shou for almost 3 months, and I am still not used to the stairs I need to take every time when I need to go to the class. Once, my friend drag me to take the slope instead of stairs. Well I forgot whether it is more tiring or not rather than the stairs. But I am quite curious about this so I googled it.
1.       Slope are more tiring because, while walking on an inclined plane, your weight acts at an angle to flat ground. Normal reaction is split into two vectors, perpendicular and horizontal with respect to the flat ground. Only the vector directed vertically upwards is effectively helping you to move upwards, which is of a reduced magnitude as compared to flight of stairs where surface is horizontal. So it means when you walk on a slope you risk slipping downwards and you there have to use energy to prevent it. You have much less risk of slipping on stairs.
2.       Because they said that when you are taking the stairs,  that would be less tiring because you can take rest on the steps unlike slopes, no steps for taking rest.


Oh! Don’t forget if you are taking stairs, you have to walk a fixed numbers of steps unlike slope where you can walk how far and many as you want if you can, however in my opinion it is still more tiring for slope because there are two vectors working which we learnt before in high school!

Don't forget to follow my facebook fanpage - ile.ustimih

credits: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-it-easier-to-go-up-a-flight-of-stairs-than-going-up-a-slope-to-the-same-height
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-more-difficult-to-climb-via-steps-or-via-a-slope

0 comments: